Friday 27 June 2014

St. Boniface's College Headteacher's Blog for the week beginning 30.6.14



Head teacher’s Blog for week beginning 30th June 2014

 

I am sure you have all heard of the tragic news of one taken so young.

We cannot celebrate at this time and our thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends. If any students need comforting or support from the College then please do contact us, trained staff are on hand.

Mr Davies


In memory of our friend Matthew

Death is nothing at all. I have only slipped away into the next room.
I am I, and you are you. Whatever we were to each other that we still are.
Call me by my old familiar name, speak to me in the easy way which you always used.
Put no difference in your tone, wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.


Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was,
let it be spoken without effect, without the trace of shadow on it.
Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was; there is unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner.


All is well.

Amen

 

 

 

We will be running our post 16 taster sessions next week as per the timetable below:

Sixth Form Induction week starts Monday 30 June in the Common Room

All are welcome to sample lessons and talk about paths. A program is below.

We will start with a liturgy/meeting in the Common Room for us all to reflect.

 

The program will then start, 

NOTE Monday afternoon when the Uni are coming in to talk

NOTE: Wednesday when we have the sign up for the external courses


A separate vocational program has been issued and will start the following week

 

If you need any help or advice contact Mr Tew at the College

No comments:

Post a Comment